Tangy Chicken Cacciatore
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 8 oz can tomato paste
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 12 oz cremini (baby bella) mushrooms
- 1 medium onion
- 1 8 oz jar pickled sweet cherry peppers
- 2 cloves garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs capers
- In bowl of 7- to 8-quart slow cooker, whisk together broth and tomato paste.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper; transfer to slow cooker bowl along with red peppers, mushrooms, onion, cherry peppers, garlic, and rosemary. Replace lid and cook on HIGH 2 1/2-3 hours or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F).
- To serve, spoon over brown rice or polenta (not included in nutrition info!).
- Garnish with capers.
Calories: 346kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 37gFat: 17gSodium: 419mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!