Tangy Italian Beef Sandwiches
- 3 banana peppers
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 7 bottled pepperoncini peppers chopped
- 2 1/4 lb chuck roast trimmed and halved
- 8 sandwich rolls (1 1/2 oz each) toastedPreheat broiler.
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange peppers on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 6 minutes or until blackened in spots, turning occasionally. Place peppers in a 6-quart electric slow cooker. Add vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, and red pepper; stir to combine. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper, and chopped pepperoncini.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef; cook 5 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Place beef in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until beef is very tender. Remove beef from cooker; shred with 2 forks. Stir beef and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt into cooking liquid. Divide beef mixture evenly among sandwich rolls, spooning out with a slotted spoon. Serve any extra sauce for dipping.
Calories: 356kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 26gFat: 16gFiber: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!