Thai Red Curry Beef
- 2 lbs lean beef stew meat
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups onion chopped finely
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 cup beef broth low sodium
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 13.5 oz can light coconut milk
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4 cups jasmine rice cooked and hot
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Drain. Place beef in a 4-quart electric slow cooker; sprinkle with salt.
- Return pan to medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes or until tender. Spoon onion mixture over beef. Combine beef broth and next 6 ingredients (through jalapeño); pour over beef. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Stir in spinach. Cover and cook on LOW for 15 minutes or just until spinach wilts. Serve beef mixture over rice; sprinkle with basil leaves.
Calories: 245kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 27gFat: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!