Tropical Chicken Curry
- 1 lb chicken breast ground
- 1/2 cup canned coconut cream
- 1 cup pure coconut water
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 birds eye pepper chopped
- 1 ripe plantain cut into chunks
- 1 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- Add ground chicken meat, coconut cream, coconut water, lime juice, chilli pepper, salt and pepper to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is evaporated and you’re left with a creamy meat mixture.
- Add the meat directly to the pan with the rest of the ingredients and let it absorb the flavors while cooking.
- While the meat is cooking, heat the coconut oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot enough, add the plantain and cook until golden brown on all sides about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Divide the meat mixture between 2 serving bowls, garnish with fried plantain, avocado, fresh cilantro and chopped red onion.
- Sprinkle a little bit more lime juice if desired and serve immediately.
Calories: 565kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 46gFat: 29g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!