Turkey Bolognese Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1 cup quinoa cooked according to package directions
- 6 large bell peppers (any color) cut in half lengthwise, stems and seeds removed
- 20 oz 99% fat free ground turkey
- 8 strips pre-cooked bacon chopped
- 1 1/2 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup fat free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cook ground turkey and bacon until browned and crumbled; drain off any excess liquid, and return to heat. Add marinara sauce, wine, and red pepper flakes, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in milk, Parmesan cheese, and quinoa. Simmer 5 minutes more, or until most liquid has absorbed.
- Place peppers in a shallow baking dish, and fill with mixture. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Serve hot.
Calories: 371kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 36gFat: 12gSodium: 656mgFiber: 3gSugar: 10g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!