Turkey Breast Stuffed with Spinach and Cheese
- 1 lb turkey breast 4 pieces
- 4 laughing cow light wedges any flavor
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fennel seed
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pound each of the 4 pieces of turkey out to about 1/4 inch.
- Spread the cheese on half of one side of each turkey breast (one wedge per piece of turkey). Put 1/2 cup of spinach on top of the cheese, fold the breast in half and use toothpicks hold the turkey together and keep the filling in.
- Season turkey with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the turkey for a few minutes on each side, until browned.
- Add the canned tomatoes, fennel seed and oregano (or any other spices you desire).
- Let simmer approximately 10 minutes until turkey is fully cooked and most of the juice from the tomatoes has thickened.
Calories: 200kcalCarbohydrates: 9.2gProtein: 23gFat: 8gFiber: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!