Turkey Meatball Soup Recipe
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1/4 tsp cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 3 cups water
- 2 carrots sliced crosswise, 1/4 inch discs
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped coarsley
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 zucchini diced large
- 4 wedges laughing cow light creamy swiss cheese
- 3 tsp hot sauce
- 1 oz blue corn tortilla chips
- 1 lime sliced into 4 wedges
- Using your hands, combine the turkey with the next 6 ingredients (through egg) in a medium bowl and place in the refrigerator.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and water, increase heat to high and bring to a simmer.
- Add carrots, tomatoes and tomato paste to the broth, stir to combine and return to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and roll heaping tablespoons of meat into 1-inch balls, wetting your hands as necessary to prevent sticking, and carefully drop meatballs into the soup. Return to a simmer and cover the pot with a lid. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and simmer uncovered until the zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in cheese, hot sauce and oregano.
- Serve with cilantro, tortilla chips and a wedge of lime.
Calories: 277kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 21gFat: 10gFiber: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!