Turkey Reuben Panini
- 8 slices thin sliced rye bread
- 1/4 cup thousand island dressing fat free
- 8 slices swiss cheese thin sliced, reduced fat
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut rinsed and drained
- 8 oz deli cut turkey breast low sodium
- Spread one side of each bread slice evenly with 1 1/2 teaspoons dressing.
- Place one cheese slice on dressed side of each of four bread slices; top each with 1 tablespoon sauerkraut and 2 ounces turkey.
- Top each sandwich with 1 cheese slice and 1 bread slice, dressed side down.
- Coat the outside of the sandwich (top and bottom) with cooking spray.
- Coat the outside of the sandwich (top and bottom) with cooking spray. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sandwiches to pan.
- Place a cast-iron or other heavy skillet on top of sandwiches; press gently to flatten sandwiches (leave cast-iron skillet on sandwiches while they cook).
- Cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned and cheese melts.
Calories: 268kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 25gFat: 8gFiber: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!