Vegan Slow Cooker Tofu Tikka Masala
- 1 16 oz package extra firm tofu drained and 1/2 inch cubed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut into chunks
- 2 medium carrots sliced
- 1 1/2 cups diced gold potatoes (about 2-3 potatoes)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz can lite coconut milk
- 1/2 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tbs ginger freshly grated
- 1 tbs garam masala
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- fresh chopped cilantro for garnishing
- In a large slower, add garlic, diced onion, sliced carrots, cauliflower florets, diced potatoes, tomato sauce, coconut milk, maple syrup, fresh ginger, garam masala, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add in tofu cubes, and give a gentle stir.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
- Before you are ready to serve, stir in the frozen peas and allow to cook uncovered for 5-10 more minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro before serving.
- Optional: Serve with naan bread, brown rice or quinoa.
Calories: 303kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 15gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gFiber: 9gSugar: 13g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!