- 2-3 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup grated reduced fat cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 4 1/2 oz marinara
- 1/3 cup Nutribiotics Unflavored Rice Protein Powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbs dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Add salt to water and boil in a saucepan. Add lentils and simmer covered 25-30 minutes, until lentils are soft and most of water is evaporated. Remove from fire. Drain and partially mash lentils. Scrape into mixing bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in onion, oats and cheese until mixed. Add egg, tomato sauce, protein powder, garlic, basil, parsley, seasoning salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon into loaf pan that has been generously sprayed with Pam (non-stick cooking spray) or well-greased. Smooth top with back of spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30- 45 minutes until top of loaf is dry, firm and golden brown.
- Cool in pan on rack for about 10 minutes. Run a sharp knife around edges of pan then turn out loaf onto serving platter.
Calories: 318kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 31gFat: 7gSodium: 977mgFiber: 9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!