Vegetarian Pad Thai
- 3 cups spaghetti squash cooked
- 6 oz extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 1/2 cup baby bok choy chopped
- 3/4 scallions sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger minced
- 1/2 vinegar
- 3 tbsp nutribiotic rice protein powder unflavored
- 1/4 cup roasted almond butter
- 1/3 cup lite coconut milk
- Place a metal steamer basket in a large pot and add three inches of water. Steam the spaghetti squash in the basket for 20 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Remove the spaghetti squash from the basket and allow to slightly cool so you can handle.
- While the squash is cooking and cooling, create the tangy peanut sauce. Puree the lime juice, ginger, garlic, vinegar and protein powder until very smooth. Blend in the almond butter and coconut milk until throughly combined.
- Once the squash is cool enough to handle, scoop the spaghetti squash out of the skin and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion for eight to 10 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add the broccoli and sauté for about 10 minutes, under tender. Stir in the bok choy and sauté for three to four minutes, until wilted. Add the squash to the skillet, stir briefly to incorporate, then add the scallions and cilantro. Top with toasted cashews and tangy peanut sauce. Serve hot!
Calories: 335kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 20gFat: 18gSodium: 292mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!