Warm Salmon, Tomato, Bacon, Mustard and Romaine Salad
- 4 cups romaine lettuce washed and cut
- 1 lb tomatoes cubed
- 2 whole artichoke hearts in oil, cut into 8 wedges each
- 1 tsp fresh oregano stems removed and chopped
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb salmon cut into cubes
- 8 slices raw bacon chopped
- 1/2 lb green string beans end and strings removed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, add romaine cut into ribbons, tomatoes, artichokes, capers, oregano, mustard, lemon juice and olive oil, keeping the tomatoes on the side of the bowl, in a nice pile.
- Season the tomatoes with a little salt and pepper (the salt will pull the tomato juice from the tomatoes, which will mix with the salad, later).
- Season the salmon with a little salt and pepper.
- In a sauté pan, over medium heat, cook the bacon until the bacon is crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the bacon grease and set aside, while leaving the grease in the hot pan.
- Add the green beans to the bacon fat, with a small dusting of salt and pepper. Saute in the bacon fat for 2 minutes.
- Add the salmon to the hot bacon fat and cook until the salmon is cooked to just under the desired doneness (I like my salmon rare to medium rare. Don't forget, it will cook a little more after you take it out of the pan!).
- At the last minute, at the bacon back into the salmon, simply to warm it up.
- Pour the hot salmon, green beans, bacon and bacon fat over the tomatoes, in the salad bowl.
- Quickly and evenly toss the salad, serve and eat! Should slightly wilt and have a great tangy mustardy and bacon taste!
Calories: 745kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 43gFat: 58g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!