Chicken Gyro Couscous Bowls
- 3 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 large cucumber trimmed and diced
- 3/4 oz fresh dill chopped
- 3 large shallots 1 minced, 2 sliced
- 2 lemons zested and juiced
- 3 tsp Za'atar Spice
- 18 oz chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup Israeli pearl couscous
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups fat free feta cheese
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 2 tbs olive oil divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Finely mince 1 shallot and thinly slice the remaining 2 shallots. Dice tomato and cucumber. Zest and halve lemons. Finely chop dill fronds.
- In a medium bowl combine sliced shallot, tomato, Cucumber, juice from 1 1/2 lemons, salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a small pot over medium heat. Add minced shallot and cook until softened, about 1 minute.
- Add couscous and cook, stirring, until toasted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook until couscous is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 6-8 minutes. Keep covered and set aside until ready to serve.
- Pat chicken dry and season all over with Za'atar spice, salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board, cool slightly and thinly slice crosswise.
- While chicken cooks, combine feta, sour cream and lemon zest in a small bowl. Mash together with a fork. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a creamier consistency.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and divide evenly into 6 serving bowls. Top couscous with sliced chicken. Drain excess liquid from tomato and cucumber mixture and add to bowls. Top with a small spoon each of hummus and feta sauce.
- Garnish with chopped dill and additional lemon wedges if desired.
Calories: 404kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 41gFat: 13gSodium: 1093mgFiber: 5gSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!