Dijon & Wine Steak Kabobs with Mushroom Wild Rice
A flavorful, tenderizing marinade gives the kabobs of steak, onion, squash and peppers a unique and savory taste.
- 1 pound beef sirloin tip steak cut 1-inch thick
- 1/2 small red onion cut into 3/4-inch wedges
- 1 small yellow summer squash cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1-inch slices
- 1 small red/green bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- Mushroom wild rice
- 2 TBSP water
- 2 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 2 TBSP coarse-grain Dijon-style mustard
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
Mushroom Wild Rice
- 2 cups thinly sliced assorted wild mushrooms
- 6 ounces long grain/wild rice blend
Cut beef steak into 1-1/4-inch pieces. Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
Soak eight 9-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Alternately thread beef, onion, squash and bell pepper evenly onto skewers. Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 11 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add 2 cups thinly sliced assorted wild mushrooms (oyster, cremini and shiitake); cook and stir until tender. Remove and keep warm. Meanwhile, cook 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice blend according to package directions, omitting salt and butter. When rice is done, stir in mushrooms.
Serve kabobs over Mushroom Wild Rice.
Calories: 360kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 30gFat: 9gSodium: 635mg