- 1.5 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lb assorted fresh cherry tomatoes, cut into halves and quarters
- 2 whole avocado, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 each jalepeno chillies, seeds removed and finely diced
- 2 tbps lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, washed and large stems removed
- to taste salt and pepper
Boil a pot of salted water. While the water comes up to a boil, place a large bowl of ice water nearby. Once the water boils, add the shrimp. Simmer in the water until the shrimp are pink and just about cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the water and plunge into the ice water. Let the shrimp fully chill.
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning. Add more jalepenos for more spice, more salt and pepper if it needs it and a bit more lime if you enjoy a more "tart" shrimp salad experience!
Serve in the avocado shells, in martini glasses or ... just in bowls!
Calories: 198kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 19gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 137mgPotassium: 587mgFiber: 5gSugar: 3g