Slow-cooked Curried Chicken with Cauliflower
- 3 1/2 TBSP grapeseed oil
- 1 bunch fresh mint or coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into large florets
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 TBSP salt
- 6 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups whole milk plain yogurt
- 3 cups chicken stock low-sodium canned or homemade
- 1/3-1/2 cups prepared South Asian curry paste
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Heat the oil; add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add the curry paste and continue to cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes more. Whisk the broth with all the aromatics in the pan; then pour the liquid into a slow cooker. Whisk the yogurt into the liquid.
Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper. Add the chicken, lentils and remaining salt to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours, adding cauliflower and chickpeas about half way through cooking.
Divide curry evenly into bowls and scatter freshly torn mint or coriander on top. Serve with a wedge of lemon.
Calories: 662kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 48gFat: 18gSodium: 2894mg