- 1 cup zucchini grated
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 medium yellow onion diced
- 1/4 cup cheddar or parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a 24 ct. mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray, set aside.
- Grate the zucchini and then place in a dish towel to squeeze out the excess water- like when using frozen spinach; if you skip this part, the middle of the zucchini tots will be really soggy while the outside gets crispy and no one wants that.
- In a bowl combine, the egg, onion, cheese, bread crumbs, zucchini, salt and pepper.
- Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, fill the muffin cups to the top. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the top is browned and set.
Calories: 79kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 5gFat: 3gSodium: 402mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!