Creamy Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Noodle Bake
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cooked and chopped
- 2 large zucchini spiral cut in noodles
- 1 medium stalk celery chopped finely
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/3 cup franks buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard spice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened canned pumpkin puree or butternut squash puree
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup 2% cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and grease or oil a 9X6X2 inch casserole dish.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat combine: butter, sour cream, wing sauce, pumpkin puree, ground mustard spice, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese. Melt all ingredients and mix together until combined. Turn heat off.
- Place zucchini noodles in a bowl and press down on noodles with a paper towel to remove excess water from noodles.
- Spread zucchini noodles over bottom of casserole dish.
- Place chopped cooked chicken and chopped celery on top of zucchini noodles.
- Pour or spoon the creamy buffalo sauce from the stove top, over the chicken and celery.
- Sprinkle chopped red bell pepper over the top of casserole.
- Bake at 400 F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese.
- Let cool until sauce has thickened again and cheese has melted.
Calories: 248kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 29gFat: 10gSodium: 800mgSugar: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!